|The museum was founded
in 1882 when objects of local interest began to gather in the field
where the museum now stands, due to the natural action of the wind
In 1886, visionary Whoft philanthropist, Manimal MacCorkindale
proposed building some walls around the objects, forming Framley's
A door fitted in 1932 cemented the museum's popularity.
Over the next sixty years, over fourteen thousand items and nearly
two hundred visitors came through the museum's doors. Some were
old, some were beautiful, some required a great deal of restoration,
but all were welcomed to the Framley Museum Collection, as it
came to be known.
In 1991, the museum was offered a £50,000 grant by the
government to "Close forever and never open again".